Friday, August 15, 2014

Why both Indiegogo and Kickstarter?

I have chose to go with both sites because they both have pro's and cons and I have a better chance of raising the money I need to make this become reality in the near future.

KICKSTARTER has an all or nothing approach. If you don't raise the funds then the backers who supported this project are refunded are refunded. You only receive the funds if you reach your goal. 

INDIEGOGO allows you the option to receive all donations made or the all or nothing approach. I chose to receive all donations made. I chose this because it insures that I HOPEFULLY raise the funds I need to get this project in action buy January 2015

I will be very open and honest with any donations received. Both sites have the exact same projects and the exact same perks/rewards. 

As I said in my story, I may be asking for a little more then I may need or maybe not enough. Either way, the money will be spent on transportationcheap accommodation, (as long as there is no bed bugs I am fine) food, and any other costs this project may need and to sustain basic necessities to stay in LosAngeles for three monthsAny money remaining at the end of my three months, I will split evenly and will donate on behalf of those who publicly support me to;

Canada
The Canadian Mental Health Association

United States
Mental Health America


No comments:

Post a Comment